I didn’t give much thought to a toolbox or preparedness prior to beginning my graduate studies.  Honestly, I thought acceptance and paid tuition meant that I was ready and guaranteed for success.  Beginning my studies in a face to face environment, the only tools I initially considered necessary were textbooks, my notebook, highlighter, pen and my laptop with my Microsoft suite of tools.  When I switched to a distance learning environment I proceeded with the on-line resource aid that demonstrated how to navigate Moodle and assignment submission.

However, in hindsight, I needed a resource that could guide me in prioritizing and organizing my study space, time, resources, assignment outlines, and that could direct me in filtering what to urgently read and what to save for later.  Looking back, my awareness and competence with technological learning tools over the last two years has expanded in a way that I didn’t even consider in the beginning.

My studies have necessitated the implementation of several technologies including Microsoft suite, Google suite, Coursera, Canvas, Go Animate, Prezi, Powtoon, YouTube, Ted Talks, Skype, Adobe Suite (connect, pdf editor), Dropbox, WordPress, Wix, lynda.com, Wikipedia, Moodle, Blackboard, Google scholar, Wordle, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Creative Commons image selector.

Two technologies currently on my radar to learn are Camtasia and Articulate as they seem to be the buzzwords that I’m hearing in my department and are listed on most jobs posted pertaining to distance learning and design.

For those of you visiting my site to offer peer feedback would you please mind posting in the comments below what was critical in helping you achieve your masters or what you had in your toolbox that was critical to your success?  I had this crazy, wonderful thought that we could be part of one final collaboration that would help subsequent graduate students.  I would like to compile our ideas below into a WordPress site that could be made openly available to beginner graduate students.  Thank you for reading. Thank you for collaborating.